A CLASSIC RUNNER, UPDATED.
The Nike Classic Cortez Shark Low Men's Shoe redefines the original with an enlarged herringbone pattern on the outsole and a stretchy upper for support. The same soft cushioning remains intact in this revamped version of a classic shoe.
- Neoprene upper is stretchy for a comfortable fit, while staying true to the original design
- Leather sockliner and footbed creates a luxurious feel
- Neoprene tongue has a raw edge, a reference to the exposed tongues of the Nike Tennis Classic, plus perforations for breathability
- Phylon midsole offers stability and lightweight cushioning
- Rubber outsole tread is an enlarged, proportionally scaled version of the original herringbone pattern on the Nike Classic Cortez
- Perforations near the arch deliver more breathability
- Premium suede accents on the upper include the Swoosh logo in tonal hues
- Sockliner reads "About the detail property of Nike," an artistic interpretation of Nike's well-known sample labeling
- A miniature, embroidered Swoosh logo on the upper contrasts with the proportions of the enlarged herringbone pattern and references Nike heritage running shoes
Rocking the track since 1972, the Nike Cortez is Bill Bowerman's first masterpiece, created to be lighter and more weatherproof than any other shoe. More than 35 years later, the Nike Cortez continues to stand as the template of daring ingenuity.
About the Classic Cortez SharkIn a luxurious play with proportions, Nike Classic Cortez Shark features an enlarged herringbone pattern on the outsole and stretchy a neoprene upper for comfort. Details reference Nike heritage shoes, including the shape of the upper, which stays true to the iconic track shoe from 1972.